Login to Complete an Application or to Access Judging Panel
- Entrants for the 2018 prize must have been awarded their Ph.D. between January 1 2016 and December 31 2017. As a rule, we will only accept submissions once within this time period.
- The research described in the entrant’s thesis must fall within one of the following categories (Subject Tracks):
- Cell and Molecular Biology: research in this category will include cellular and molecular processes at levels ranging from single molecule to single cell to tissue and organ systems,
- Genomics and Proteomics: research in this category focuses on analyses of gene- and protein-related events, at the scale of gene or protein networks to the complete set of genes or proteins in an organism,
- Ecology and Environment: research in this category encompasses interactions between organisms and their environment, and how these processes are influenced by human activity,
- Translational Medicine: research in this category builds on in vitro or animal model studies of biological processes to develop potential therapies or medical procedures.
- The prize will only recognize work that was performed while the entrant was a graduate student.
- The prize will be awarded without regard to sex, race, or nationality.
- Employees of Science/AAAS, collaborators in the management or sponsorship of this Prize and their relatives, as well as the following are not eligible to enter:
Scientists who were PhD students in the groups of any past or present member of the SciLifeLab management group (SciLifeLab Director, Co-Director, Infrastructure Director and Scientific Directors), the Integration Directors, or any member of the SciLifeLab Board.
Deadline for submission is July 15, 2018.