Login to Complete an Application or to Access Judging Panel
A Completed Entry Form consists of the following:
- User Profile Information
- An essay, written by the entrant, describing the thesis work and its implications for research in the selected Subject Track. The essay must not exceed 1,000 words in length and may include one figure or table. The essay must not exceed 1,000 words in length and may include one figure or table. Text generated from AI, machine learning, or similar algorithmic tools cannot be used to generate or edit the submission nor its accompanying figures, images, or graphics, without explicit permission from the Science editors. Furthermore, prior to publication of the winning entries, winners will be required to sign Science’s License to Publish, wherein the entrant must warrant that they have followed this requirement.
- A one-page reference letter from your advisor or a member of your thesis committee. The letter should include an assessment of the applicant and comment on the significance of the applicant’s research.
- A list of the following:
- (a) Full citations of all published or in press papers on the research described in the essay;
- (b) Academic and professional awards and honors that the entrant has received; and
- (c) Relevant professional experience.
- The abstract of the thesis (not to exceed four double-spaced typed pages).
The general timeline for the prize selection process is below. You will be contacted only if there are additional materials or information needed.
July–September: Compilation and Review of Submissions
October-November: Selection of Prize Winner
December: Announcement of Prize Winner & Awards Ceremony in Stockholm
Deadline for Submissions: July 15, 2023